STARTING THE PROCEDURE : OOCYTE RETREIVAL
- A detailed history is taken including family history and history of genetic disorders.
- Informed consent is taken.
- A detailed blood screening and physical examination is done.
- Once the screening is completed, the donor will begin the egg donation cycle.
- There are two parts to a successful oocyte recovery procedure :
- The Egg donor cycle and,
- The Intended parent / surrogate cycle
- The egg donor cycle and the intended mother cycle is synchronized with birth control pills.
- There are different medical protocol that have injections varying from day 2 or day 21 of cycle so that the donor ovaries become stimulated to produce more eggs.
- It is ensured that donor is administered stimulation injection properly.
- These injections must be administered on a daily basis for one or more weeks.
- The oocyte donor undergoes ovulation induction with fertility enhancing medications. The oocytes are retrieved by ultrasound-guided aspiration under general anesthesia and then donated to the recipient couple.
- These oocytes are inseminated usingIVF/ ICSI technology with the intended parents husband sperm in order to produce embryos.
- Some of the embryos are transferred to the recipient uterus approximately 2-5days after oocyte retrieval with the intent of producing pregnancy.
Follow Up After Egg Retreival
The doctors at IVF centre take every step to make sure that both donors are well cared for at every step of the egg donation process. In addition to frequent monitoring and checkups during the synchronization and stimulation procedures, you are also taken care of after the egg collection .
Apply Egg Donor Online Application Click Here